Okay guys, I think its safe to say Spring is finally starting to show herself. As much as I love the snow and Winter, it was time for her to move on. So I thought I would take this opportunity to look back on all of our adventures this Winter since I didn’t get a chance to share them when they happened. A white Christmas, visiting my parents in Florida, a trip to Oregon to visit my sister, and our honeymoon cruise, enjoy!! xo
We’re stuck inside because even though it’s April, it’s 30 degrees and snowing. (Spring, you’re a little late to the party!) WHICH MEANS, we are still fighting off colds and fevers. We’ve gone through about half a dozen packs of Boogie Wipes but finally things are looking up. I gave Luca the Zarbee’s Baby Cough Syrup + Mucus and it has worked like a charm! Now we are just waiting for the warmer weather to come around and get us outside for some fun!
For now, we’ll keep cuddling, watching movies, and taking many, many baths! Is it still cold & snowing where you live?! xo
To feel better about the rest of your day
- MAKE YOUR BED. There’s something magical about having a made bed that makes you feel like you can accomplish anything the day brings you. If I feel unorganized or like I can’t get anything done, chances are my bed wasn’t made that morning. Try it for a week and see how you feel.
- HAVE A LIST OF 3-5 CHORES TO GET DONE BEFORE NOON. As simple or as complex as you’d like-choose what works for you! It might be getting in a workout, unloading the dishwasher, or starting a load of laundry.
- GET DRESSED. I used this as a general term for anything from brushing your teeth and putting on a different pair of leggings to doing your makeup, hair, and the whole shebang! Added bonus if you put on tennis shoes, it might motivate you to squeeze in a workout!
- PLAN/PREP YOUR DINNER. If you’re an overachiever and already have your week’s worth of dinners planned out-A+, this is still a great time to prep your dinner. I do this from time to time but its definitely not something I do every week, so I typically plan our dinner the morning of. This may include marinating chicken, turning on the crockpot, or writing down what to buy at the grocery.
- GIVE YOURSELF SOME INTENTIONAL ALONE TIME. Even if you can only spend 5 minutes sipping on coffee and reading a bible verse, it’s important to spend a little time each day to work on yourself. I just ordered this book and I can’t wait to start reading it each morning.