When my daughter started eating more and more solid foods, I found it hard to find meals for her with lots of nutrients and variety. She only has 6 teeth so she wasn’t quite ready for big meals but needed something more than purees and soft foods. I went to Pinterest but couldn’t find something exactly for the stage of eating she was at so I knew when I came up with some ideas I wanted to share them. Let me know if you try any of these or if you have more ideas for us to try!
- Scrambled eggs, blueberries, applesauce
- Kodiak Pancakes, banana
- Toast (avocado, cinnamon, peanut butter)
- PB&J, pineapples, avocado
- Turkey and cheese sandwich, strawberries, green smoothie (see recipe here)
- Chicken breast, pinto or black beans, yogurt
- Steak, quinoa, corn, broccoli (Luca LOVES this meal!)
- Chicken and cheese quesadilla, beans and rice, orange slices (halos are perfect size for her!)
- Soup (chicken noodle, vegetable, egg drop soup)
These are just a few of the meals Luca loves and I am planning on starting a series of meal ideas on my blog! We’re pretty lucky because Luca is a great eater and not very picky, she eats just about anything but fish! A fun way to spice up your meals is to get shape and letter cutters! I found these on Amazon!
I try and post a couple of Luca’s meals on my Instagram stories throughout the week! You can check it out for some more ideas!
Okay guys, I think its safe to say Spring is finally starting to show herself. As much as I love the snow and Winter, it was time for her to move on. So I thought I would take this opportunity to look back on all of our adventures this Winter since I didn’t get a chance to share them when they happened. A white Christmas, visiting my parents in Florida, a trip to Oregon to visit my sister, and our honeymoon cruise, enjoy!! xo
I am so excited to share this post with you guys! Not only will I be talking about the products I use every single day but I’ll also be sharing my tips for applying makeup quickly and effortlessly! I know how hard it can be to put yourself together in the mornings when you are in a rush, especially with toddlers running around!
- EDUCATE YOURSELF. This tip is so important because I can recommend products to you all day, but if you have a different skin type than me, they might not work for you! Learn about your skin. Do you have oily, dry, or a combination skin? I have pretty normal to combination skin which means I can be oily or dry in some areas but have fairly normal skin most of the time. My forehead can get very dry in the winter but the area around my nose can get oily as the day goes on. When you buy skin care or makeup products, figure out what skin type they are for first.
- PRIMER. I didn’t use primer for a long time but now I can’t go without it! It helps keep your makeup in place all day because it gives your makeup something to really grasp ahold of. My two favorite primers are the Too Faced Hangover RX for a dewy look and the Too Faced Primed and Poreless for a matte finish.
- FOUNDATION. My favorite full coverage foundation is the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, and I apply it with a beauty blender or a foundation brush. This foundation is what I feel like makes my skin look even and effortless.
- CONCEALER. Some days I skip concealer, but if I had a rough sleep or a stubborn pimple, I’ll put a few dabs of my MAC Pro Longwear on and blend it in with my beauty blender.
- POWDER. I only use a little of the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder under my eyes and around my nose to keep a dewy look. Also a sneaky little tip, use it below where you are putting your bronzer for an easy straight line and wipe it off after!
- BRONZER. I use Hoola Bronzer by Benefit on my cheeks, the sides of my nose, and across my forehead. Apply quickly and don’t worry about perfection!
- BLUSH. I use the Dandelion Brightening Baby-Pink Blush for a subtle color on my cheeks!
- HIGHLIGHTER. I love love love the Becca Cosmetics highlighters, my fav color is Champagne Pop!
- EYEBROWS. Keeping up with your eyebrows is a great way to save time on them every morning. I pluck them regularly and get them waxed when needed. I use just a little of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder duo where they do need filled in and brush through them with a clean mascara wand.
- EYES. If I am in a real hurry, I’ll skip the shadow and go for mascara. If I do put on eyeshadow, I reach for some neutral colors in my Modern Renaissance Palette. I switch mascaras fairly often because I get a lot of samples from Ulta, currently I am using the Benefit Roller Lash.
- LIPS. I hardly wear lipstick but when I do I use MAC’s Cream in Your Coffee. Throughout the day, I lather on chapstick!
Because I use the same routine every day, I get this whole routine done in less than 10 minutes. Let me know if you try any of these products and what you think of them! xo
We’re stuck inside because even though it’s April, it’s 30 degrees and snowing. (Spring, you’re a little late to the party!) WHICH MEANS, we are still fighting off colds and fevers. We’ve gone through about half a dozen packs of Boogie Wipes but finally things are looking up. I gave Luca the Zarbee’s Baby Cough Syrup + Mucus and it has worked like a charm! Now we are just waiting for the warmer weather to come around and get us outside for some fun!
For now, we’ll keep cuddling, watching movies, and taking many, many baths! Is it still cold & snowing where you live?! xo
Luca and I both love this smoothie, we make it every single day. It’s perfect for breakfast or a quick snack! I specifically got these cups for smoothies because she is obsessed with them and it is so easy for her to have her own glass. Enjoy!
Serves two* (or in my case 1 and a half)
Two handfuls of Spinach
Two handfuls of Frozen Pineapple
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 Tablespoon of Liquid Chlorophyll (There are so many benefits to liquid chlorophyll, let me know in the comments if you’d like a blog post about them!)
1 Lemon squeezed to your liking
Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
I serve in these awesome Take and Toss Straw Lid Cups for Luca and a big mason jar glass, about 24 oz, for myself!
I started planning Luca’s first birthday party back in January, mostly because we were doing a lot traveling for the next two months and I wanted to be prepared. I wanted to make it so special and I am so glad I did. It was so much fun for everyone and I know one day Luca will be able to look back at the pictures and appreciate her first fiesta.
PICKING A THEME
This was definitely the hardest part because there were so many fun options to choose from! I went to Pinterest and started pinning away! Ultimately, I went with a fiesta theme which was perfect because of our love of tacos and the new movie, Coco!
I decided to set a budget for the party decorations so that I wouldn’t go overboard! Luca loves balloons so most of the decor were confetti-filled balloons, letter balloons for her name, and a cactus balloon. I printed all the pictures from her first year of life and hung them all over the house with the help of my parents and sister! Little Mexican sombreros on each table tied it all together!
In case you haven’t figured it out by now, we have a real obsession with tacos. So naturally, we went with a full blown taco bar! The little signs my sister and I made were one of my favorite little details of the party. We wrote all of the toppings in spanish! Tacos are cheap and easy to make for a crowd, I got most of the ingredients from Aldi! I definitely recommend them for your next party!
We ordered the cupcakes and Luca’s smash cake(which was free, score!) from our local bakery, Betty’s! I found this confetti letter tutorial on pinterest to make the cake topper! It was the perfect finish on the cutest cactus cake!
I cannot believe our baby girl is already one! This past year was so happy and full. Here are some more of my favorite pictures from the night, enjoy!
Items mentioned (affiliate links):
“I’m One Today!” sign – MudPie
Luca’s Birthday Girl Tutu dress – MudPie
Cactus Ballon – Amazon
Mexican Papel Picado Banner – Amazon
To feel better about the rest of your day
- MAKE YOUR BED. There’s something magical about having a made bed that makes you feel like you can accomplish anything the day brings you. If I feel unorganized or like I can’t get anything done, chances are my bed wasn’t made that morning. Try it for a week and see how you feel.
- HAVE A LIST OF 3-5 CHORES TO GET DONE BEFORE NOON. As simple or as complex as you’d like-choose what works for you! It might be getting in a workout, unloading the dishwasher, or starting a load of laundry.
- GET DRESSED. I used this as a general term for anything from brushing your teeth and putting on a different pair of leggings to doing your makeup, hair, and the whole shebang! Added bonus if you put on tennis shoes, it might motivate you to squeeze in a workout!
- PLAN/PREP YOUR DINNER. If you’re an overachiever and already have your week’s worth of dinners planned out-A+, this is still a great time to prep your dinner. I do this from time to time but its definitely not something I do every week, so I typically plan our dinner the morning of. This may include marinating chicken, turning on the crockpot, or writing down what to buy at the grocery.
- GIVE YOURSELF SOME INTENTIONAL ALONE TIME. Even if you can only spend 5 minutes sipping on coffee and reading a bible verse, it’s important to spend a little time each day to work on yourself. I just ordered this book and I can’t wait to start reading it each morning.