When my daughter started eating more and more solid foods, I found it hard to find meals for her with lots of nutrients and variety. She only has 6 teeth so she wasn’t quite ready for big meals but needed something more than purees and soft foods. I went to Pinterest but couldn’t find something exactly for the stage of eating she was at so I knew when I came up with some ideas I wanted to share them. Let me know if you try any of these or if you have more ideas for us to try!
- Scrambled eggs, blueberries, applesauce
- Kodiak Pancakes, banana
- Toast (avocado, cinnamon, peanut butter)
- PB&J, pineapples, avocado
- Turkey and cheese sandwich, strawberries, green smoothie (see recipe here)
- Chicken breast, pinto or black beans, yogurt
- Steak, quinoa, corn, broccoli (Luca LOVES this meal!)
- Chicken and cheese quesadilla, beans and rice, orange slices (halos are perfect size for her!)
- Soup (chicken noodle, vegetable, egg drop soup)
These are just a few of the meals Luca loves and I am planning on starting a series of meal ideas on my blog! We’re pretty lucky because Luca is a great eater and not very picky, she eats just about anything but fish! A fun way to spice up your meals is to get shape and letter cutters! I found these on Amazon!
I try and post a couple of Luca’s meals on my Instagram stories throughout the week! You can check it out for some more ideas!