I am so excited to share this post with you guys! Not only will I be talking about the products I use every single day but I’ll also be sharing my tips for applying makeup quickly and effortlessly! I know how hard it can be to put yourself together in the mornings when you are in a rush, especially with toddlers running around!
- EDUCATE YOURSELF. This tip is so important because I can recommend products to you all day, but if you have a different skin type than me, they might not work for you! Learn about your skin. Do you have oily, dry, or a combination skin? I have pretty normal to combination skin which means I can be oily or dry in some areas but have fairly normal skin most of the time. My forehead can get very dry in the winter but the area around my nose can get oily as the day goes on. When you buy skin care or makeup products, figure out what skin type they are for first.
- PRIMER. I didn’t use primer for a long time but now I can’t go without it! It helps keep your makeup in place all day because it gives your makeup something to really grasp ahold of. My two favorite primers are the Too Faced Hangover RX for a dewy look and the Too Faced Primed and Poreless for a matte finish.
- FOUNDATION. My favorite full coverage foundation is the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation, and I apply it with a beauty blender or a foundation brush. This foundation is what I feel like makes my skin look even and effortless.
- CONCEALER. Some days I skip concealer, but if I had a rough sleep or a stubborn pimple, I’ll put a few dabs of my MAC Pro Longwear on and blend it in with my beauty blender.
- POWDER. I only use a little of the Laura Mercier Translucent Powder under my eyes and around my nose to keep a dewy look. Also a sneaky little tip, use it below where you are putting your bronzer for an easy straight line and wipe it off after!
- BRONZER. I use Hoola Bronzer by Benefit on my cheeks, the sides of my nose, and across my forehead. Apply quickly and don’t worry about perfection!
- BLUSH. I use the Dandelion Brightening Baby-Pink Blush for a subtle color on my cheeks!
- HIGHLIGHTER. I love love love the Becca Cosmetics highlighters, my fav color is Champagne Pop!
- EYEBROWS. Keeping up with your eyebrows is a great way to save time on them every morning. I pluck them regularly and get them waxed when needed. I use just a little of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder duo where they do need filled in and brush through them with a clean mascara wand.
- EYES. If I am in a real hurry, I’ll skip the shadow and go for mascara. If I do put on eyeshadow, I reach for some neutral colors in my Modern Renaissance Palette. I switch mascaras fairly often because I get a lot of samples from Ulta, currently I am using the Benefit Roller Lash.
- LIPS. I hardly wear lipstick but when I do I use MAC’s Cream in Your Coffee. Throughout the day, I lather on chapstick!
Because I use the same routine every day, I get this whole routine done in less than 10 minutes. Let me know if you try any of these products and what you think of them! xo