To feel better about the rest of your day
- MAKE YOUR BED. There’s something magical about having a made bed that makes you feel like you can accomplish anything the day brings you. If I feel unorganized or like I can’t get anything done, chances are my bed wasn’t made that morning. Try it for a week and see how you feel.
- HAVE A LIST OF 3-5 CHORES TO GET DONE BEFORE NOON. As simple or as complex as you’d like-choose what works for you! It might be getting in a workout, unloading the dishwasher, or starting a load of laundry.
- GET DRESSED. I used this as a general term for anything from brushing your teeth and putting on a different pair of leggings to doing your makeup, hair, and the whole shebang! Added bonus if you put on tennis shoes, it might motivate you to squeeze in a workout!
- PLAN/PREP YOUR DINNER. If you’re an overachiever and already have your week’s worth of dinners planned out-A+, this is still a great time to prep your dinner. I do this from time to time but its definitely not something I do every week, so I typically plan our dinner the morning of. This may include marinating chicken, turning on the crockpot, or writing down what to buy at the grocery.
- GIVE YOURSELF SOME INTENTIONAL ALONE TIME. Even if you can only spend 5 minutes sipping on coffee and reading a bible verse, it’s important to spend a little time each day to work on yourself. I just ordered this book and I can’t wait to start reading it each morning.